"What does 10 to 4 odds mean?" Here we will tell you what 10 to 4 odds mean, what 10 to 4 probability means, and show you what a 10 to 4 odds payout would be.
10 to 4 odds
This means that out of 14 possible outcomes, odds are that there will be 10 of one kind of outcome and 4 of another kind of outcome.
For every 14, odds are that 10 will be a particular event and 4 will be another event.
10 to 4 probability
There is a 71.43 percent probability of a particular outcome and 28.57 percent probability of another outcome.
10 to 4 odds payout
If you bet 1 on a game with 10 to 4 odds and you win, your total payout will be 3.50 which is your bet plus 2.50 profit.
Odds vs. Probability
Note that odds and probability are not the same. Odds compare one event to another event, whereas probability compares one event to both possible events. Thus, when the odds are 10 to 4, the fraction for the Odds is 10/4, but the fraction to calculate the probability is 10/14.
Formulas and calculations used for 10 to 4 odds where A=10 and B=4
A / B =
10 / 4 =
A / (A + B) =
10 / (10 + 4) =
10/14 = 71.43%
((Bet*A)/B)) + Bet =
((1*10)/4)) + 1 =
10 to 4 odds is not the only odds we have the answer to. Enter odds to learn the meaning here.
What does 10 to 5 odds mean?
Go here for the next odds on our list that we have interpreted.