What does 50 to 1 odds mean?




"What does 50 to 1 odds mean?" Here we will tell you what 50 to 1 odds mean, what 50 to 1 probability means, and show you what a 50 to 1 odds payout would be.

50 to 1 odds
This means that out of 51 possible outcomes, odds are that there will be 50 of one kind of outcome and 1 of another kind of outcome.

For every 51, odds are that 50 will be a particular event and 1 will be another event.

50 to 1 probability
There is a 98.04 percent probability of a particular outcome and 1.96 percent probability of another outcome.

50 to 1 odds payout
If you bet 1 on a game with 50 to 1 odds and you win, your total payout will be 51.00 which is your bet plus 50.00 profit.

Odds vs. Probability
Note that odds and probability are not the same. Odds compare one event to another event, whereas probability compares one event to both possible events. Thus, when the odds are 50 to 1, the fraction for the Odds is 50/1, but the fraction to calculate the probability is 50/51.

Formulas and calculations used for 50 to 1 odds where A=50 and B=1

Odds
A / B =
50 / 1 =
50/1

Probability
A / (A + B) =
50 / (50 + 1) =
50/51 = 98.04%

Payout
((Bet*A)/B)) + Bet =
((1*50)/1)) + 1 =
51.00

Odds Calculator
50 to 1 odds is not the only odds we have the answer to. Enter odds to learn the meaning here.

  to  


What does 50 to 2 odds mean?
Go here for the next odds on our list that we have interpreted.


Copyright  |   Privacy Policy  |   Disclaimer  |   Contact